The Security Leadership Research Institute (SLRI) is SEC’s research arm. It is dedicated to providing independent and actionable research for security leaders. Findings are the backbone of our advisory and consulting services. We also share some of our research results to the corporate security community.
Current Benchmarks Open to the Public at no Cost:
Corporate Security Organizational Structure, Cost of Services and Staffing Benchmark 2023
Since 2012 our landmark benchmark covers security program costs, program ownership, reporting structures and more. View selected highlights
from the 2021 report. Read ways participants use the data.
Interested? Complete this short form
to request to participate in the survey and get access to the research results. (Note: Security budget information is required to participate. Please consider forwarding information about this survey to the person(s) who have access to budget information.)
Security Maturity Assessments
If you want a quick way to assess your programs' maturity level the SLRI has created an abbreviated format of its corporate security maturity assessment.
Additional Benchmarks and Assessments
What Does the SLRI Do?
- Qualitative and quantitative research analyses
- Trend analyses
- Industry and peer benchmarks
- Security Barometer quick polls
- Practitioner based research reports and benchmarks
- Research and analyses conducted by experienced research professionals
- Immediate quick poll results for snapshots of issues
- Opportunities to participate in select Tier 1 Leader initiatives
- Custom research
Examples of Projects:
Who Can Participate?
- Practitioners in charge of security programs; practitioners can be from any facet of security (corporate, information, compliance, risk).
- Practitioners from publicly traded companies, private companies, non-profits and government agencies.
Contact us for more information or questions