Vice President of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
IEM is looking for the new Vice President of International Homeland Security and Emergency Management; our International Homeland Security and Emergency Management Sector focuses on planning for, responding to, and recovering from natural and human-caused disasters. Development of excellent customer relationships and an intense focus on business development, particularly on the strategic pathways, are critical to success in this position.
- Candidates can live anywhere in the US, this is a work from home position which will require travel.
- All remote work environments require the ability to maintain minimum Internet speeds of 25 Mbps upload and 3 Mbps download, as well as a ping rate of 100 ms or less during working hours, regardless of the type and number of devices using your Internet connection. You must also have account privileges and access to your Internet service provider account during working hours for the purposes of maintaining the Internet connection, if needed.
Ability and willingness to travel for business as needed.
- Provide technical and executive leadership in international homeland security, emergency management, and business development.
- Develop and implement comprehensive homeland security and emergency management strategies aligned with organizational goals.
- Provide critical linkages between the long-term strategic planning and near-term business actions, balancing resources to achieve objectives in both.
- Manage all aspects of program management and profit/loss within IEM’s international homeland security and emergency management portfolio.
- Develop leaders within the sector by being an effective role model and providing mentorship, training, delegation and empowerment to achieve the strategic goals of the sector, particularly focused on skills and follow through to procure new IEM business.
- Develop teams within sector through effective goal establishment and prioritization, coaching, training, and conflict resolution. Specifically address professional development needs for IHLS and EM staff, as well as strategies to maintain job satisfaction and increase retention.
- Manage the customer experience by tracking the customer’s journey through the project, identifying and responding to key client needs, and coordinating with all internal stakeholders to meet those needs.
Please see complete job description online.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Ten (10) years of overall homeland security and emergency management industry experience, including Five (5) years of business development.
- Experience growing, mentoring, and leading medium to large business units.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense TS/SCI personnel security clearance
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role with a focus on homeland security and emergency management.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local emergency management regulations and protocols.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to executive leadership.
- Broad market awareness and a demonstrated record of winning competitive acquisitions.
- Experience with client relationship management, strategic planning, and large-scale opportunity identification, qualification, capture, and proposal activities.
- Ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with clients and with prospective teaming partners, with focus on understanding how to leverage technology, relationships, and corporate differentiators.
- Experience with all contract types as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to adjust presentation to audience and speak comfortably in front of a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- Current Department of Defense TS/SCI personnel security clearance
How to Apply: