Sr Dir Security Operations
The Office of Security is requesting to fill this position at this time for the Senior Director, Security Operations. Reporting to the Asst. Chief Security Operations, this position will be the point of contact for all security technology and operational needs required to support the LIRR and are in conformance with the MTA HQ – Office of Security’s direction for the coordinated security efforts of all MTA agencies. This position will oversee, monitor, evaluate and determine a coordinated security response that shall meet the requirements of LIRR, creating efficiencies between LIRR and MTA security groups in overseeing the development of security systems for the protection of LIRR facilities, personnel, data and assets.
The Senior Director will also coordinate all security-related activities among LIRR personnel, departments, MTA Agencies and associated consultants. The Senior Director will maintain oversight of LIRR needs a\, this shall include review of security drawings, identifying necessary personnel for the security throughout the LIRR. This position is also responsible for the oversight of all security personnel, including but not limited to, security specialists, unarmed guard services, and Fire Safety Directors throughout the LIRR area. This position is also tasked with developing and coordinating digital and electronic security technology systems, projects and programs, ensuring compliance with corporate security strategy and goals and the training and implementation of security technology standards, policies and practices.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Oversee all security programs/requirements and fire/life safety requirements for the LIRR system including GCM Develop procedures and protocols for the classification and distribution of security-sensitive information. Oversee, monitor, evaluate and ensure compliance with security protocols and procedures. Determine the efficiency of established procedures/protocols and provide recommendations for enhancements.
Represent the Office of Security at both technical and policy-level meetings with operational and administrative departments, MTA and other agencies, law enforcement agencies, contractors and other outside groups, including standards development bodies and represent LIRR on agency-wide security project work groups and committees as directed by the Chief Security Officer.
Please see commplete job description online.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Criminal Justice. Operations Management, Information Systems, or related field; demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience to include an additional five (5) years of related experience; and
- Minimum of Seven (7) years or more of demonstrated progressive experience in security or related field, ideally in a complex, multi-site critical national infrastructure environment, preferred in the public transportation sector.
- Demonstrated Experience or Security Certification(s) identified in the implementation of security control devices and technologies
- Experience managing large scale projects from conception to completion (design, build, maintenance).
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory and managerial experience.
- Exceptionally strong team building capabilities. Ability to foster cooperation among diverse groups.
- Experience with Video Management Systems security network technology and systems, access control, and intrusion prevention/detection.
- Demonstrated ability to manage organizational goals.
- Strong leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with fluctuating priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to deal effectively with emergencies and be capable to respond on a 24x7 basis, including after hours, weekends and holidays as required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Developed knowledge of standard industrial security practices and methodologies.
Exceptionally strong interpersonal communications and negotiating skills.
- Strong project management skills with detail-oriented adherence to performance expectations and deadlines.
- Knowledge of LIRR/MTA operations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Railroad Emergency Response and Security protocols and fire protection services.
- NIMS/ICS Certifications (100, 200, 700).
How to Apply: