Head of Global Security
General Mills seeks a Head of Global Security to lead its global security team and to oversee all aspects of security operations on a global scale. This role will involve developing and implementing comprehensive security strategies, policies, and protocols to mitigate potential threats and safeguard the company's operations. Along with other stakeholders, this position will work closely with senior leaders and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the safety and resilience of the company's assets, employees, and operations. This position requires a dynamic leader who can navigate complex security challenges, build strong relationships, and drive a culture of security awareness throughout the organization.
- Lead a talented global security team and set enterprise security strategies across the areas of:
- Physical Security
- Executive Protection
- Threat Intelligence
- Enterprise Resilience (Business Continuity & Crisis Management)
- Training & Awareness
- Travel Security
- Workplace Violence Prevention
Serve as a trusted advisor to General Counsel and GMI’s Senior Leadership Team, partnering closely with senior executives and stakeholders to proactively identify, assess, and mitigate enterprise security risks to support global business expansion and resilience.
Oversee the safety protocols and practices across General Mills 30,000 global employees.
Enable the business by ensuring appropriate security risk mitigations are integrated into enterprise business strategies and operations.
Help orchestrate the company's enterprise resilience governance.
- 15+ years minimum related experience required
- Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors, Masters preferred
- Preferred Major Area of Study: Law, Criminal Justice
- Preferred Professional Certifications: Certified Protection Professional (CPP);
- Relevant public sector training for former law enforcement or government officials
- Ability to integrate security into business decisions and subsequent creation/improvement of associated processes
- Experience building and elevating security awareness in a global organization
- Experience overseeing sensitive, complex investigations
- Flexibility to respond 24/7 to urgent matters as needed with a bias for decisive action
- Experience working collaboratively with law enforcement organizations and government agencies
How to Apply: