Director of Global Security & Risk
Remote in United States
The Director of Global Security & Risk will work closely with Operations, our International Practice Area, Technology, Finance, and People & Culture to lead enterprise risk management and global security, focusing on the protection of team members, assets, and operations globally. The Director will develop and maintain safety and security policies, procedures, and systems for Bixal's global operations and country offices, coordinated closely with the Bixal Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and Emergency Response Team (ERT). The Director will oversee insurance management and travel risk management, as well as advise and lead capacity-building efforts across Bixal to support the rollout of the ERP and country security plans. The Director will work remotely, adhering to US Eastern Standard time but may occasionally attend meetings outside regular hours for global collaboration.
Organizational Strategies and Plans
- Develop and maintain enterprise risk management controls and systems.
- Create and implement physical and personnel safety and security programs, aligning them with operational needs globally.
- Manage a comprehensive process for identifying, assessing, mitigating, monitoring, and reporting on risks that may impact on enterprise performance.
- Draft organizational-level security policies and facilitate their rollout in close collaboration with the ERT and program teams.
- Update security incident reporting program and ensure its efficacy.
- Evaluate and optimize vendor relationships for safety and security services and identify gaps.
Training and Capacity Strengthening
- Set-up targets for capacity strengthening and security training roll-out and implementation at both organizational and country levels.
- Collaborate with the corporate learning and development team to identify, vet, and create learning opportunities to foster a culture of safety.
- Identify and facilitate learning opportunities, including crisis management, emergency response, and first aid.
Please see complete job description online.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8+ years of experience in operations, security management, or related fields, including supporting international development and/or humanitarian programming.
- Minimum of one year of direct security management experience in a non-permissive environment.
- Experience in the development and rollout of policies, procedures, and systems at the home office or regional level.
- Knowledge of and certification in relevant standards for the management of security by accredited organizations.
- Strong cross-cultural skills and experience working in multilingual environments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Professional competency in Spanish or French a plus.
How to Apply: