Director, International and Workplace Security
Oversee implementation and management of the project & travel security programs, project risk assessment/mitigation programs, region-specific response protocols, workplace security standards, and crisis management development and response coordination. Position requires US citizenship and may require the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance. This is a US-Remote-Telework opportunity
- In cooperation with leadership, program operations, and applicable functional areas, direct the development of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization; Prioritize and scale implementation based upon security risk profile.
- Oversee the management of Amentum’s Travel and Project Security Program which includes providing oversight/management of a travel security risk platform.
- Continually monitor and assess conditions that relate to potential threats, vulnerabilities, and risks to the enterprise; Brief senior leadership as required.
- Lead, direct and oversee Physical Security Operations for Amentum facilities.
- Work closely with leadership to develop, implement, and maintain a Crisis
- Management/Business Continuity Program for the company; Develop scenarios and conduct exercises to assess/improve response to a crisis event.
- Provide security support to the RFP/proposal development process to mitigate risk to the company and employees potentially operating in high-risk locations.
Please see complete job description online.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of security electronic systems, including access control and intrusion detection systems.
- Understanding of business strategies, direction, and goals of the corporation and programs, and how to develop and integrate supporting physical security strategies.
- Ability to work closely with program management to ensure proper security protocols are in place to mitigate risk.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
- Ability to effectively interface with various levels of employees and senior management.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain relationships with multiple vendors both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
- Ability to identify, analyze and explain the present or future needs for proposed physical security initiatives to senior management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of related experience in global security, travel security, and security operations. Can include experience with law enforcement, military, or corporate security.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, security or cybersecurity management or a related field.
- Management or supervisory experience required. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to perform under intense pressure.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- International experience and security certifications such as CPP (Certified Protection Professional) or government equivalent preferred. 3-5 years of corporate security with analytical background.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is a plus.
How to Apply: