Chief Security Officer
The Equity Engineering Group, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters - SHAKER HEIGHTS, OH
We are currently seeking a Chief Security Officer (CSO). The CSO will be responsible for leading the overall direction of E²G’s internal and external security posture. This includes the security of our software development lifecycle, our internal infrastructure, and our usage of external cloud platforms. The CSO will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will work closely with executive leadership, software development teams, IT and other key stakeholders to develop and implement security best practices, policies, and solutions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive security strategy that aligns with the company's objectives and risk tolerance.
- Stay updated with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and regulations to ensure the company's security policies are current.
Software Development Security:
- Collaborate with software development teams to instill security best practices throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Oversee regular security assessments and code reviews to identify and remediate vulnerabilities.
Internal Infrastructure Security:
Please see complete job description online.
- Ensure that the company's internal networks, systems, and data are secure.
- Implement and maintain security tools and solutions such as intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and SIEMs.
- Oversee the company’s incident response plan, ensuring swift and effective action in the event of a security breach.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, Cybersecurity, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in the IT and cybersecurity field, with at least 5 of those years in a leadership role.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISO, or equivalent are preferred.
- Experience with secure software development practices and tools.
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud platform security, preferably with hands-on experience.
- Strong knowledge of security technologies, trends, standards, and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of SOC 2 types I and II, including initial and audit requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex security topics in simple terms.
- Strong knowledge of NIST Publication 800-53 and ISO 27001 preferred.
How to Apply: