Internal Security Manager, Rap Back Investigations
Under the direction of the Manager, Internal Security Programs, the Internal Security Manager, Rap Back Investigations utilizes investigative experience and expertise to research criminal activity alerts, conduct sensitive internal investigations, and support the TSA-required Rap Back program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, conducting, and managing numerous highly complex, multifaceted investigations.
- Conduct research and analysis on Rap Back criminal activity alerts to drive risk identification, investigative triage, and alert resolution.
- Assist with criminal history adjudication and manage Rap Back criminal activity alerts.
- Participate with HR and other stakeholders on investigation review committees.
- Support the development and implementation of alert management and investigative process improvements.
- Ensure security policies, considerations, and strategies remain a key pillar of the Rap Back program.
- Maintain a current and deep understanding of worldwide security-related issues and transportation-specific threats with particular emphasis on violent extremism and radicalization.
- Ability to analyze and interpret all relevant data and apply the appropriate laws, orders, rules, and regulations pertaining to investigations.
- Implement procedures to obtain, maintain, secure, file, and account for investigative data and evidence.
- Document investigative findings with evidence to support administrative actions and/or criminal or civil proceedings and prepare investigative summaries.
- Assess risk and exposure through accurate, objective, and detailed analysis of investigative materials and findings.
Please see complete list of responsibilities online.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- At least 10 years’ experience with a major law enforcement or intelligence organization with a focus on national security issues/investigations is required.
- Deep understanding of current trends in violent extremism, the radicalization process, and the ideologies that encourage violent extremism is required.
- Aviation industry familiarity/experience is required.
- Proven interview and investigation skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate detailed investigative information through oral and written means to all levels of leadership.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid and challenging environment.
- High degree of self-discipline, initiative, and drive, and function well under budgetary, operational, and time constraints.
- Experience working in fast paced, dynamic conditions while exceling under pressure in critical situations and meeting strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities with little supervision.
- Strong organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity, attention to detail, and strong investigative drive.
- Solid understanding of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- US citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain US government security clearance is required.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- If transferring internally, must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience with national security issues/investigations is preferred.
- At least 5 years of counterterrorism experience is preferred.
- Aviation industry familiarity or experience is preferred.
- Current Secret level security clearance or higher is preferred.
How to Apply: