Director, Security Architecture
Englewood Cliffs, NJ - Employees can work remotely
As the Director of Security Architecture, you will lead security consulting engagements for projects across all NBCU businesses. You will interface with cyber and technology team leadership, evangelize practical security controls that comply with our policies and draw from industry best practices and drive our overall cybersecurity strategy.
- Consult on complex enterprise-wide security assessments and engagements to help engineers see the big picture and incorporate enterprise technology direction into security roadmaps.
- Communicate the vision and value of what we’re offering. Help grow adoption and increase support for enterprise security.
- Help advance and improve our cybersecurity architecture review engagement process.
- Collaborate with the Security Product Management and Engineering teams, as well as other security teams to identify areas of need and opportunity.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact during security reviews to confirm and if necessary, defend security controls recommended by the security architecture team.
- Review the work of other security architects and engineers for quality and completeness.
- Assist cyber leadership on strategic projects.
- Recruit, mentor, coach, train, develop, and support security talent at all levels.
Plese see complete job description online.
- Security leadership experience. Comfort managing work, processes, and people in a risk-focused team.
- Strong written and spoken communication. An ability to discuss the what and why of complex technical concepts at various levels.
- Threat-focused security experience. An understanding of how threats operate, and how we can build the best possible defenses.
- Enterprise perspective. Insight to adapt security approaches that meet technical scale and diverse organizational processes.
- A willingness and desire to dig into the technical details – the flexibility to know when to look at strategic plans and high-level views, and when to talk about architectures and tools.
- Empathy for customers and engineers when designing security requirements.
- You should be able to recommend security measures that are operationally feasible, but also keep our customers safe and allow the product to rapidly evolve.
- The ability to serve as a collaborative team member and leader who can take and give constructive feedback.
- The ability to explain common threats to application components including web & software applications, microservices, containers, orchestration platforms, code repositories, CI/CD pipelines, auth systems, and protocols. You should be an expert in securing one or more and be able to research the others and make recommendations.
Security Architecture Directors typically have an advanced degree and 10+ years of experience. Relevant experience can substitute for a degree.
How to Apply: