Corporate Security Manager
New York Life Insurance CompanyLocation:
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Security Manager will oversee all Security/Fire Life Safety Operations in our Cleveland, OH office location.
Job Function and Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all NYL building fire and life safety personnel and systems
- Assume the lead as incident manager when dealing with fires, medical emergencies, floods, explosions, power outages, bomb threats, suspicious package incidents and during all other emergency incidents
- Assess the security needs and make recommendations for implementing security upgrades, technology and training
- Liaison with all State, County and local emergency response agencies
- Manage the NYL security systems, including card access system, CCTV, alarms, etc.
- Prepare required reports i.e.; monthly reports, quarterly reports, and security assessment reports, as needed
- Will report to the Director of Corporate Security or any of the Corporate Security Management team
- May require occasional domestic/international travel to other NYL offices and events
- Maintain policies and procedures
How to Apply:
- At least 10 years of recent Law Enforcement experience in a supervisory role
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and basic applications
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Ability to possess a valid Retired Police Officer (RPO) concealed pistol permit
- Knowledge of Software House C-Cure would be helpful (Removed and/or DSX security programs)
- Corporate Security experience in a large company would be helpful
- Ability to think independently, make critical decisions and work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports as required
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other departments within New York Life, contractors, outside agencies, etc.