Director, Security Operations & Engineering
Single job with flexible locationsDescription:
AECOM is seeking a Director, Security Operations & Engineering to join our Corporate IT team. This will be a remote/virtual position that can be based from a variety of US locations, not limited to those listed. Qualifications:
The Director, Security Operations & Engineering is an experienced professional who can manage people, processes, and technology in a fast-paced operational environment. The Director must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, and the ability to identify issues and raise them to key stakeholders to create relevant and realistic plans, programs, and recommendations. Must have a demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action, excellent analytical skills, and an ability to communicate complex issues straightforwardly to non-technical parties and Executive Leadership.
Specific duties include leadership of a geographically distributed team, strategic program oversight and tactical execution, procedure development, and technical and project management. Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include End Point, Email Security, Logging and Monitoring, Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Security Engineering, Firewall management and monitoring, Proxy server management and monitoring, and third-party service provider management. The Director is responsible for driving process implementation, refinement, troubleshooting and monitoring, short and long-term project management, cross-team collaboration, tuning, metrics, and KPI's driving proactive improvements. Additionally, the Director will manage external stakeholder relationships, and directly supervise a team of analysts.
Please see complete job description online.
- BA/BS plus 12 years of relevant IT/cyber security experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including at least 4 years of leadership experience.
- Experience should include general IT experience with various operating systems in a functional capacity (Windows and Linux) as well as hands-on experience in cybersecurity operations and engineering function.
How to Apply:
- Excellent aptitude for problem-solving and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects simultaneously, translating results to non-technical stakeholders.
- 5+ years of hands-on Experience in cybersecurity operations and engineering function.
- Experience configuring and maintaining cybersecurity technologies (EDR, Next-Gen Firewalls, SEIM, Email Filtering, Cloud Native Tools, etc.).