Director of Enterprise Risk Management
New York, NYDescription:
The Director will lead and innovate the process to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk. The Director will convene and coordinate a risk management committee made up of PPFA senior staff and a broader group of risk coordinators throughout PPFA. The position will develop Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks to stakeholders, and will provide leadership throughout PPFA to address those risks.
- Enhance ERM framework and reporting structure of framework
- Coordinate with senior leadership and project steering committee on identifying priority risk register and action plans
- Lead and administer regular risk assessments across PPFA and the Federation.
- Administer efforts throughout PPFA to mitigate priority risks discovered during the risk assessment process.
- Manage a group of risk and preparedness stakeholders throughout the national office in the mitigation of operational risk and the development of key actions plans or policies.
- Coordinate a unified approach to enterprise risk management through convening stakeholders involved in compliance, audit, insurance and other keys functions to manage ongoing organizational risks. Manage all meetings, agendas and presentation materials for ERM Committee
- Develop and implement staff risk trainings for the national office in order to create a culture of risk throughout all PPFA staff.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in risk-related areas, including operations, finance, insurance, within a highly risk-driven environment.
- Knowledge of the risk management industry, including industry trends, industry risks, financial profiles, common practices, etc.
- Knowledge of current research in the risk management and insurance industries
- Ability to generate and execute on creative ideas to integrate the enterprise risk, emergency preparedness and compliance functions into a cohesive and comprehensive program
- Effective and efficient time management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines on various projects, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to manage interruptions
- Excellent questioning skills to discover issues and ability to identify issues and opportunities
- Ability to apply knowledge, deploy resources, focus efforts and gain consensus to address issues and capitalize on opportunities
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to lead others in achieving goals, objectives and deadlines on project work
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to tailor content, presentation and language to various audiences
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Apps skills, with particular attention to Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides skills Demonstrated leadership ability in enterprise risk contexts.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly-matrixed environment. Seasoned collaborator—able to work effectively across multiple divisions internally, soliciting feedback and input from significant stakeholder groups nationally
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline — ‘Care. No matter what.’ as it applies to how we work with our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers. Unflappable with excellent interpersonal skills, building strong and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written - with the ability to speak to a diverse audience.
- Exceptional attention to detail while able to multitask.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to different racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, and people with different gender identities, cultural differences and disabilities.