Director of Security
Atlanta, GA; Honolulu,HIDescription:
The Director of Security-MOC is a member of ESS-Security and whose remit is to support the achievement of Kaiser Permanentes topline goals and the MOCs market level goals through the physical protection of the care environment in their market.Qualifications:
Responsibilities include directing and managing security teams to safeguard people, property, assets, and interests in support of the core business of providing high-quality and affordable healthcare. Facilities in the market may include a wide variety of caregiving settings - hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, medical office buildings, clinics, etc. - and other sites which could include pharmacies, administrative office buildings, data centers, and other types of facilities.
The Director of Security-MOC is the single-source security subject matter expert for their market. Aligned with the enterprise service delivery objectives of ESS-Security, the Director of Security provides security solutions, alternatives, and recommendations across the full spectrum of the service line, to include threat management/preventing workplace violence, access control, technology integration, risk-based staffing, training, contract management, policy-development, loss prevention, incident reporting/critical notifications, analysis, program measurement, continuous improvement, crime prevention and investigations, risk assessment and mitigation, law enforcement liaison, special event support, leader development, and governance.
The well-qualified candidate will have extensive experience effectively applying security principles in complex and dynamic operational settings; have well developed business acumen and competencies; be an excellent communicator; have a strong service orientation; and be skilled at problem-solving, decision-making, business plan development, and program execution to achieve desired outcomes.
Please see complete job description online.
- Minimum five (5) years experience supervising six (6) or more other manager-level employees and fifty (50) or more indirect reports required.
- Minimum ten (10) years security experience with a major corporation and/or law enforcement, military, intelligence, or private sector organization required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Healthcare Management, Criminal Justice, Corporate Security, or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Prior experience with security organizations or law enforcement agencies protecting people and assets of organizations of 50,000 people or larger preferred while leading a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience and expertise with risk assessments and mitigation, threat management, investigations and loss prevention, security technology integration, measurement and analytics, security-related policy development, business continuity, budgeting, and contract/vendor negotiation and management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Must be adept with measuring key program metrics, KPI, Executive Reporting, building effective business cases which effectively rationalize resource allocation and implementing new programs and initiatives.
- Must be automation savvy; highly proficient with software programs, desktop publishing and audio-visual equipment and materials..
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Must have strong customer focus and service orientation.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully resolve conflict.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work through the absence of established processes, be a key agent of change for process-creation.
How to Apply:
- Experience in de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of and practice experience in seclusion and restraint reduction in an acute care environment preferred.
- Experience with NIMS, ICS and/or HICS incident management structures preferred.
- Masters degree in any field from accredited college or university preferred.
- Advanced/senior law enforcement/executive development training preferred.
- Certified Workplace Violence and Threat Specialist (WVTS) or Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist preferred.
- Professional affiliation with ASIS, the International Security Management Association (ISMA), the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals, other Criminal Justice/Public Safety organizations preferred.