Major League BaseballLocation:
New York, NYDescription:
The Security Director for Major League Baseball will be responsible for working closely with the Vice President, Security & Ballpark Operations in the development and implementation of state-of-the-art security systems and practices for MLB events, facilities, and key assets, and the continuing development and management of a system of Best Stadium Operating Practices for all 30 MLB Clubs. The Security Director will effectively operate as one of two deputies (along with the Senior Director of Ballpark Operations) to the V.P., Security & Ballpark Operations.
The Director will supervise event security for MLB’s special events, including the World Series, All-Star Game, Mexico Series, and other domestic and international events. The Director will take the lead in assessing security issues within MLB and assigning the correct resources in response. In addition to coordination with the 30 Clubs and other departments in the Commissioner’s Office, the Security Director must work effectively with international, federal, state, tribal, and local law enforcement entities such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Secret Service, Homeland Security, and police departments to ensure the security of MLB’s venues, fans, players, staff, and infrastructure.
- Supervise event security for MLB’s special events, including the World Series, All-Star Game, Mexico Series, and other domestic and international events.
- Maintain strong relationships and coordinate with federal, state, tribal, and local law enforcement to develop and implement security plans for each MLB event (domestic and international), facility, and key asset. Act as chief liaison with these groups to maintain a line of sight to emerging risks and related vulnerabilities
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Minimum of 10 years of law enforcement experience
- Fluency in Spanish (speaking, reading, and writing) is preferred
- Event security experience, with a preference for international events
Security experience at a large public venue, a professional sports team, or professional sports league is preferred
- Ability to liaise with U.S. law enforcement and embassy personnel abroad
- This position is based in New York City but requires extensive domestic and international travel, sometimes on short notice and for extended periods. Remote work is not permitted.
- Familiarity with DHS Safety Act is preferred.
Professional demeanor, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage deliverables with time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain security clearance preferred
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university