Safety and Security Director
City of AtlantaLocation:
**This is a safety-critical position within the ATLDOT staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain safety management plans specific to ATLDOT project in accordance with Federal Transportation Agency (FTA), Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), The City of Atlanta, and other Environmental and regulatory requirements and responsibilities.
- Create and implement annual Environmental, Health and Safety regulatory compliance audits throughout the project and within the City’s requirements. Conduct annual safety and regulatory compliance audits, as well as corporate audits.
- Set minimum safety training requirements for each group of employees within specific professional disciplines (i.e.: Electrical, Signal, Roadway, Office, etc). Maintain a Records of Skills and qualifications log for the Project. Draft/Implement training materials.
- Investigate incidents and develop corrective measures to minimize reoccurrence. Conduct claims investigations and evaluate Risk Management claims to identify significant hazards, loss trends; identifies and recommends preventative measures and corrective actions.
- Training of personnel in all mandatory OSHA compliance training, 1st Aid Responders, as well as necessary Operational Hazard specific training.
Please see complete job description onlineQualifications:
Minimum Qualification – Education & Experience - Bachelor’s degree that includes academic study in leadership or management with emphasis in safety, health, compliance, or emergency preparedness in the public or private sector or a related field is required. A combination of academic progress and/or expertise in one or more disciplines may be an alternative consideration; this includes industry courses designed specifically for transit system safety.How to Apply:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Licensures and Certifications - Valid State of Georgia driver’s license
Essential Capabilities & Work Environment – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, bend, use hands, to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and see, talk, or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is ordinarily performed in a standard office environment, or in the field, facilities, or rights of way.
Successful completion of a background check and physical is required.