Chief Security Officer
San Antonio, TXDescription:
*This role will be located in the San Antonio Home Office, or remotely with frequent travel.*
The SVP, Chief Security Officer is accountable for the USAA’s entire security posture, both physical and digital. The executive leads a team of executives across multiple areas including information security, privacy, physical security, internal investigations, and business continuation. This executive provides leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the effective identification, development, management, and assessment of security initiatives and standards which are aligned with USAA’s strategic priorities and business objectives. This executive directs the coordination of security efforts across the Enterprise partnering with Information Technology, Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Legal, Facilities management and other groups.
- Leads the design and implementation of USAA’s security strategy, taking into account USAA’s business strategy and complex regulations and supervisory expectations, including how they apply in a matrixed commercial environment.
- Role models USAA’s mission, core values, culture and desired behaviors – including a sound risk culture.
Develops talent in the security team to deliver performance and results – including the identification, development and retention of talent with requisite physical and digital security capabilities.
Drives operations of the security team– including core business processes and technologies.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting commitments by setting and clearly communicating expectations and roles and responsibilities relative to the security function.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. information security, cyber security, MIS, business administration) is required.
Advanced degree such as MBA or MS is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in technical discipline (e.g. cyber security operations, business operations) with a proven track record leading comparable operations and programs (e.g. information security and privacy, physical security, loss prevention, and business continuation) and engaging executive level stakeholders is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a large financial institution ($100 billion +), including 5+ years post-Dodd Frank, in a senior staff role within an operations / IT function or in a security function leading cyber security, cybercrime, and physical security is preferred.
Demonstrated understanding of the full spectrum of regulatory actions, including examinations and other supervisory engagement and processes, such as:
How to Apply:
- Regulatory requirements impacting the organization’s risk management framework, governance, standards, capabilities and risk strategy across all lines of business
- OCC, Federal Reserve, and FFIEC expectations