Director, Business Risk and Controls - FLOD Complaints program
We are looking for a Director, Business Risk and Controls to build and manage the retail bank’s First Line of Defense (FLOD) Complaints program and team. This can be based in our San Antonio, Texas office or can be a 100% Remote work environment (W@H).
Oversees a team responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of programs that support effective risk and compliance management in the first line of defense. Supports business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls and is accountable for the development and mentoring of a high performing team responsible for risk and control self-assessments, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring the of first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Directs staff and initiatives that support risk and control management programs, to include governance support, risk oversight, risk infrastructure development, risk identification, quantification, aggregation, and emerging risks.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or related field of study OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry.
- Or 8 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline.
- Or advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- 3+ years of direct team lead or people management experience.
How to Apply:
- Prior experience successfully building and managing a retail bank First Line of Defense (FLOD) Complaints program and team.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Executive Presentation skills.