Network Security Manager
Cox Communications is looking for a Network Security Manager who will report to the Director of Security Architecture. This individual will lead a team that partners closely with Cox Engineering for the development and execution of processes and standards to ensure secure network design. The Network Security Manager will also be responsible for the delivery of security-related initiatives addressing internal and external business risks.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general Business, Technology and Security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organization boundaries to validate network security controls in infrastructure designs and risk mitigation strategies.
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Develop, execute, and measure processes to ensure secure network design. Examples include review of high-risk firewall rules against developed standards and the establishment of IDS/IPS policy lifecycle activities.
- Audit network security controls against developed standards and drive the remediation of gaps.
- Support the Security Operations Center from a network security perspective during incident response events.
- Drive delivery of network security initiatives, including requirements gathering and deliverable alignment.
- Facilitate network security reviews of proposed application and infrastructure designs.
- Develop and maintain KPI’s for leadership reporting purposes.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working in security architecture, operations, design, or development across multiple domains of security.
- Working knowledge of network device placement and configuration of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of well-known Internet TCP and UDP-based protocols.
- Working knowledge of the OSI model.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
- Working knowledge of remote access technologies and implementation best practices.
How to Apply:
- BS/BA in a related discipline required (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 4 years of experience in related field.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experiences a plus.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA.