Chief Security Officer
“This position is currently located in the IP organization, assigned to the Sylvamo project, and will be transferred to the Sylvamo organization contingent upon the closing of the transaction estimated to occur 10/1/2021.”
The Chief Security Officer (CSO) leads the Enterprise Security Risk Management (ESRM) function to provide senior leadership with the highest quality information and recommendations necessary for risk-aware decision making to protect Sylvamo’s value.
- CSO develops intelligence framework and leads collection efforts for strategic intelligence related to business risk as well as security risks related to socioeconomic and geopolitical issues on a global scale.
- CSO provides annual and quarterly Strategic Risk Outlook briefings
- CSO develops assessment framework and leads the organization in security vulnerability assessment across the enterprise.
- CSO develops mitigation framework and provides recommendations in the development and implementation of controls (technology, policies and procedures) to reduce risk and liability for all IP assets – people, property, information, reputation and brand.
- CSO creates alignment of Sylvamo’s security strategy with business and staff groups for an all-hazards approach to asset protection.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Executive Management and Leadership
- Critical and Strategic Thinking
- Business Management
- Risk Management
- Relationship Leader
- Problem Solver
How to Apply:
- Master’s degree (preferred) or international equivalent in Business Administration or other area of study relevant to the responsibilities of this position.
- 20 years’ security experience with a Fortune 500 company and/or a law enforcement or intelligence organization with functional experience in responsibilities of this position. Preferably, a member of Senior Executive Service (SES) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in management of outsourced security functions for a global organization.
- Demonstrated international security experience, preferably in a country or region within Sylvamo’s area of operations.
- Experience with U.S. government regulatory programs, preferably chemical security.
- Board Certification in Security Management – (CPP)
- Active membership in at least two International Security professional associations. (ISMA/ASIS/IACP/ATAP/DSAC/OSAC or equivalent)
- U.S. government active security clearance or ability to obtain.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Fluency in English, and preferably a foreign language within IP’s area of operation.